Over 800 registered fruit and vegetable buyers operate in the Brisbane Produce Market.
To become a registered buyer at the Brisbane Produce Market you must:
- Be a registered business relating to the fresh produce industry;
- Complete a Buyer Registration Form;
- Complete an induction;
- Obtain a unique Buying Brand from Brismark’s Credit Service; and
- Obtain a Brisbane Markets access card.
Registration and inductions are completed at the Site Service Centre
Parking on site at the Brisbane Markets® is limited. There are some reserved parking spaces available for lease by commercial buyers. The fees for reserved parking spaces vary depending on the location of the parking space.
Buyers wishing to acquire a reserved parking space can request an application form in person at the Site Service Centre (link to Site Service Centre Hours and Parking) or by calling (07) 3915 4200.
The wholesaler representative organisation, Brismark, offers registered buyers the opportunity to join the Brismark Credit Service.
This allows buyers to conduct their transactions on the trading floor on credit, cutting down on paperwork and the necessity to carry cash. The Brismark Credit Service will supply a single statement for payments to multiple wholesalers and is an easy control for produce discrepancies and access for credit adjustments.
For more information on the Brismark Credit Service and the services provided to registered buyers, please visit the Brismark website or contact Brismark on (07) 3915 4222 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wholesalers operating out of the Brisbane Produce Market each deal in a variety of produce lines. These will change throughout the year depending on availability, seasonality and demand.
Wholesaler / Produce Matching is a search function that enables users to link each wholesaler with the produce lines that fall within their field of expertise.
If you know the wholesaler you are looking for, you can search by wholesaler to find their details directly.
Search By Produce Line
Easily find Brisbane Markets Limited Wholesalers who deal with your selected produce line.
Search By Wholesaler
If you know the name of the Wholesaler you are looking for, enter the name below and hit search.
All Tenants and their employees working on the Brisbane Markets® site must complete a Site Induction every 12 months.
This is a mandatory requirement to ensure the safety of everyone using this site.
Site Inductions can be completed online via the button below.
Once you have completed your Site Induction, print the certificate of completion and present it to the Site Service Centre to complete the induction process.TAKE THE BML SITE INDUCTION
Licence Plate Recognition (LPR) Technology has been installed at each of the boom gated entrances to the Brisbane Markets®.
The system works by reading the licence plate of vehicles approaching the boom gates. If the licence plate is recognised as being LPR registered, the boom gate will rise automatically.
Vehicles that are not LPR registered will not have automatic access to the Brisbane Markets®. Drivers of these vehicles may continue to use their Access Cards (where vehicle access is permitted) for entry.
Where drivers don’t have Access Cards, they will need to use the Main Entrance or Western Gate Entrance and report their reason for accessing the Brisbane Markets® to a Market Officer.
Forklift and motorbike licence plates cannot be read by LPR technology and are therefore not eligible for LPR registration.
Who can apply for LPR Registration?
Any person who has BML authorised vehicle access to the Brisbane Markets® including:
- Access approved Tenants / Tenant Employees
- Access approved Buyers
- Access approved Service Providers
- Access approved Transporters – Transport operators will need to apply under a separate form. Contact BML’s Site Services Office at: email@example.com for more details.
Conditions of LPR Registration
- Only one vehicle can be LPR registered per person.
- Any acts of non-compliance with the Brisbane Markets® Regulations may lead to BML deregistering vehicles from the LPR system.
- Applicants must supply an email address. LPR registration will not be approved if an email address is not provided.
- LPR registration will be automatically suspended where LPR registered vehicles don’t enter the Brisbane Markets® within a three-month period.
- The owner of the LPR registered vehicle must advise BML via email firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours:
– If the vehicle is sold
– If the vehicle is being used by a person who does not hold a valid BML Access Card.
- An LPR registration application will need to be completed for newly acquired vehicles.
- The driver and all passengers of an LPR registered vehicle entering the Brisbane Markets® must all hold valid BML Access Cards.
With so many people working and doing business on the Brisbane Markets® site daily, Brisbane Markets Limited has developed a set of rules known as the Brisbane Markets® Regulations.
These Regulations exist to promote the safe, responsible and effective operation of the Markets and include information on safety clothing and footwear, accessing the Brisbane Markets®, smoking regulations and speed limits throughout the Brisbane Markets areas.
Brismark is a member organisation which represents and serves the needs of the wholesaling sector of the fresh fruit and vegetable industry – in particular the primary Wholesalers that operate out of the Brisbane Produce Market.
The Brisbane Produce Market proudly supports the Your Local Fruit Shop marketing campaign. This campaign encourages consumers to purchase fresh fruit and vegetables from Your Local Fruit Shop – independent fruit and vegetable retailers.
BuyFruit delivers fresh produce and grocery items straight from Your Local Fruit Shop,
to your door. BuyFruit is a convenient service
that supports independent retailers
by extending their market reach through online sales.